Store Associate- Martin Luther King Blvd
Flash Market is your one-stop destination to refuel, refresh, and relax. From delicious food and cold drinks, to pretty much anything else you might need on-the-go, we offer the best brands and the finest quality products in the business. We are passionate about our employees and strive to provide opportunities for them and their families! We also greatly respect our customers and will provide them with prompt and friendly service in a premier environment.
We are looking for a Retail Sales Representative to provide excellent customer service and meet sales quotas for our business. Candidates with strong communication skills who can make customers feel welcome in our store will stand out. You will help identify client needs, present and answer questions about our products and services and recommend solutions. A positive attitude and a desire to promptly resolve potential customer issues or complaints will make you successful in this role. Ultimately, you will ensure that customers leave our store satisfied and you will contribute to the store’s profitability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Assist customers and ring up sale transactions in a pleasant and respectful manner.
- Communicate all customer concerns to management in a timely manner, address as instructed.
- Participate in the promotion of customer/marketing sales and initiatives.
- Take a hands-on approach to meet standards in the areas of stocking, store cleanliness, and presentation, including restrooms, and outside property and service areas.
- Follow all safety and security programs and processes, to include reporting of incidents/accidents and proper age-sensitive sales oversight.
- Assist with vendor deliveries, maintaining clear, orderly, and safe walk-ways and storage rooms.
- Follow all loss prevention programs and processes to control shrink regarding cash and cash equivalents as well as company products, property and all assets.
- Participate in the learning of system updates and transitions, such as a new POS rollout.
- Adhere to all price changes, and Pricebook guidance.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures and present self in proper dress code.
- Maintain excellent attendance record for all assigned shifts, including arriving on time to start your work day and incurring no unauthorized overtime.
- Always be clocked in for all work activities performed and maintain high standard of work ethics.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Diploma or GED achieved or in pursuit of is preferred
- Prior retail experience helpful
- Able to speak, read, write the English language
- Professional, pleasant, and respectful demeanor
- Strong sense of urgency to serve customers and maintain facility standards
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
The job is usually performed indoors in a convenience store setting. There are regular outside property oversight duties, with exposure to outside elements. Activities include extended periods of standing and walking, as well as bending, stooping, squatting, sitting, climbing, and reaching. Ability to communicate orally with candidates, employees, management, and customers. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations and interactions with customers, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
Legal Disclaimer: This document is intended for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal information or advice. This information and all HR Support Center materials are provided in consultation with federal and state statutes and do not encompass other regulations that may exist, such as local ordinances. Transmission of documents or information through the HR Support Center does not create an attorney client relationship. If you are seeking legal advice, you are encouraged to consult an attorney.
Requires good manual dexterity for the use of equipment common to convenience stores (e.g., computers, mobile devices, POS, drink machines, food storage and delivery equipment, gas pumps, break-aways, etc.). Regular exertion of up to 30 lbs. of force for stocking, putting up deliveries, and may occasionally be required to lift up to 50 lbs. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Due to common convenience store and gas station equipment, may be exposed to moving equipment parts, electrical sources, hot and cold temperatures and substances, and moderate to strong odors.
NOTE This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.